Pages

Upcoming gigs

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Broccoli Bacon Salad




That is not a picture of the actual broccoli bacon salad I made for the 4th, because I forgot to take one, so I found another one online. I used Apple cured bacon from Trader Joes--the recipe calls for 10, but there are about 13 in the package. My finance grilled them all for me I sliced up the extra 3 small for dog treats. Mix a cup of mayo with 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, half a cup of chopped red onions, two bags of broccoli florets and the bacon. That's it! Soooo easy. Some people make it with raisins, but I prefer a saltier salad. Next time I may add sunflower seeds. The recipe my aunt gave me calls for shredded cheese, but I completely forgot to add it. If you're going low-carb, you'll love this salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment