Pages

Upcoming gigs

Thursday, December 15, 2011

PiYo

For several years I practiced Ashtanga yoga, which I absolutely loved. It eliminated all my back pain, not only from all the stretching and strengthening, but by forcing me to relax.* I moved too far away from the club that offered it, and haven't found a comparable class. One day I just happened to take a yoga class that was taught by a sub who decided to teach us something different--PiYo. I loved it!

Copied and pasted from turbokick.com: "It’s the perfect blend of many disciplines: sports training, core conditioning, dance, stretch, and athletic drills that will help kick up the calorie burn and build muscle! The dynamic blend of movement increases strength, core stability, and agility. This workout provides an incredible experience and helps you lose weight."

So I got certified to teach PiYo and here's a sample of Lesson 19, which is the choreography I'm learning now:



I will let the world know when I teach my first class, hopefully in January.



* That's another story...I highly recommend you read Healing Back Pain by Dr. John E. Sarno. I learned from it that we create physical pain from our anger and anxiety. For years I thought I had a "bad back."

No comments:

Post a Comment