Pages

Upcoming gigs

Friday, September 24, 2010

What I'm Reading Now...






I love love love memoirs! Especially anything by a comedian or rock star--basically anyone with a dark side. I just finished Charlie's Murphy's The Making of a Stand-up Guy, which wasn't super-dark, but definitely interesting and useful to me as a comic. I usually have a few different books going at the same time, two or three of different genres, because I can't wait to finish one before I start another.

I just started reading Steven Adler's My Appetite for Destruction: Sex, and Drugs, and Guns N' Roses, which promises to be a lot more juicy than Murphy's story. I loved Steven on Celebrity Rehab and Sober House and he is such an awesome guest on the Howard Stern Show. He and Chip Z'nuff really need their own reality show, because those two are hilarious together!

I'm also reading books by two of my favorite reality tv stars who work in fields I'm very interested in...I mean, really interested, like if I quit comedy, I'm going to be a personal trainer or dog trainer. I love working out and learning about fitness and nutrition, so when I saw that Jackie Warner wrote This Is Why You're Fat (And How to Get Thin Forever): Eat More, Cheat More, Lose More--and Keep the Weight Off , I had to order a copy. There is so much useful information that I didn't know, I am loving it and I recommend to book to everyone. Her new show, Thintervention, chronicles Jackie doing what she does best – kicking ass and inspiring drastic lifestyle changes for her overweight clients. Some of the clients are so infuriatingly stubborn I frequently yell at the tv. (They can't hear me.)

Of course, Amazon.com offers free shipping when you spend a certain amount so I also ordered Victoria Stilwell's It's Me Or The Dog, because I also love her show of the same name. I rescued my dog over a year ago from a home with about 7 other dogs, so she has some problems that IMOTD has provided me techniques and tips to help her become a more well-adjusted pet.

I'm not even half way finished with these books and I am loving them!

1 comment:

  1. Just ordered Too Fat To Fish with rewards from by bank debit card...

    ReplyDelete